University: Heriot Watt University
Sector(s): Creative Industries, Chemical, Creative Industries, Engineering & Manufacturing, Materials, Other
Cotton or poly-cotton textiles are often dyed or printed with VAT dyes especially for high performance/ techncial applications. However, inkjet printing with VAT dyes remains problematic and here we offer a range of water based solubilised VAT dyes with appropriae physical and viscosity characteristics for inkjet printing.
- Solubilized Vat Dyes at viscosity/ solids suitable for Inkjet printing
- Long term stability - less nozzle blockage
- Range of colors available
- Inkjet Printing of textiles & garments
- Dyeing of textiles using VAT dye formulations
US & GB patents pending with a priority filing date of June 2010.
Relevant publication: "Digital Inkjet Dyeing & Printing of Textiles with VAT dyes", NIP26: 26th International Conference on Digital Printing Technologies and Digital Fabrication 2010,pp.673-675, Austin Tx.
Technology was developed with funding from the EU Framework 6 project: "Digitex".
Easy Access Documents: