University: Glasgow Caledonian University
Sector(s): Electronics, Sensors & Photonics, Electronics, Sensors & Photonics, Energy & Renewables, Engineering & Manufacturing
Glasgow Caledonian University has developed novel, patented technology that allows multiple parameters relating to the condition and performance of HV transformers to be measured simultaneously. The technology provides real-time information on the major faults and electrical conditions which will affect the reliability of a HV transformer. This information is critical to power companies who need to make informed business decisions about routine maintenance and infrastructure upgrades.
The technology has been developed into a commercial system, 'Powertracker' which has been rigorously field-tested.
- Simultaneous measurement of multiple parameters
- Accurate, real-time information
- Ability to continuously monitor transformer performance with no impact on operation
- Remote monitoring and automatic configuration
- Condition monitoring diagnostic instrument manufacturers
- Condition monitoring service companies
- Utility companies
- Asset managers
The technology is protected by a family of granted patents in Europe, USA, China, Canada and India.
The University welcomes contact from organisations interested in developing, licensing or exploiting this technology.