University: University of St Andrews
Our technology provides a universal solution to enhance fingerprints on all surfaces, including wet and porous ones. The enhancement is performed by dyeing them with a fluorescent reagent. The chemicals are safe, non-toxic, clean and easy to handle. The colour of the fluorescence can be tuned for optimal contrast of the fingerprint with the surface. Moreover, after application of our dyes, the fingerprints are stabilised, and robust in handling.
- The dyes work on all surfaces, including 'difficult' ones (wet, porous)
- The chemicals are safe, non-toxic, easy to handle
- The colour of the enhanced fingerprints can be tuned for optimal contrast with the substrate
- The dyes stabilise the fingerprints
- Fingerprint enhancement in forensic laboratories
- In-field and scene-of-crime fingerprint enhancement
IP Status: The technology is subject to granted patents in the USA, Japan, UK, France and Germany (see US 8,377,714)
St Andrews University would be happy to discuss this technology transfer opportunity. Please use the enquiry form below to contact us.